Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I have a bone to pick with a certain department store.

Okay, I don't mean to groan and complain, but I need to vent a little.


I know they are closing,.....I know that an American store is taking over, and I know that some people are upset about it....But you know what, if Target is going to bring better Customer Service to this store, then so be it.    I can't speak for all Zellers stores.  The ones I have been at in Ontario seemed to get the job done, but in the six years I have lived here and have shopped at Zellers(which isn't very often)  I have received some of the worst Customer Service.  Perhaps it's because they know they are going to be closing....Perhaps it's because many of the employees know they could soon be out of a job...I don't know, but my goodness, show some appreciation.

Usually when you stand in a long lineup, and bring an item to the cash, and question the price it comes up at(which was a difference of $6 I might add) the Cashier calls for a price check......No, instead I was sent back to the department where it came from to have someone else check the price of the item for me....and then I had to ask to have my purchases totalled up elsewhere, or I would have had to return to the cash, to stand in line once again....

Okay, okay...I know some of you are saying, "SO what's the big deal...."  Maybe I am sweating the small stuff.....I just think that with the amount of competition that's out there department store wise, you'd think that there would be top notch Customer Service.  Maybe this is why Zellers is in the predicament they are in, being bought out by Target....Obviously they weren't bringing in the kind of money that they should.  I imagine that places like Wal-Mart have taken their share of customers away from this retailer.......I am not praising Wal-Mart...I do shop there more, but they have their share of flaws as well. But I just don't think that department stores, grocery stores or any other type of store can afford to let things slip in the Customer Service department....We have the choice of where we're going to shop......and many people don't have any problem taking their business elsewhere because of a bad experience...

Bad customer service in the Maritimes? That doesn't happen.....Does it?........Shocked?  Don't be......I hate to break it to you.....It happens here too........not quite as much as in some of the other provinces......But, it does happen sometimes...

Ahhhhh, I feel better now......

No comments:

Post a Comment