Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Old Man Winter had his sights set on Moncton for this one!

It was not the first heavy snowfall in the Hub City this winter.......But I would say it was the heaviest....
We were expecting to get 20cms or more of snow...We ended up getting 32centimetres.......
The roads were a mess heading home at noon today.  The snowplows and salt trucks were out in full force, but they could hardly keep up because the snow was falling so hard and accumulating fast.  My kids got the day off today.  Their first snow day of the year.  Schools were called off before 6AM in anticipation of the storm.  It was just plain nasty out.

When I arrived home, I was unsure if I was going to get into the driveway, but I went full speed ahead, and managed to plow my way in...Here are a few pics while the storm was ongoing...









And a couple of the snowplows hard at work.



My husband was off sick today...But when the storm was over, he went out and braved the driveway full of snow.....He got the snow blower going, and put himself to work.  It's not as hard as having to shovel, but running the snow blower for 2 and a half hours is still pretty hard work.  Good job hubby!





It's 8:30pm and I can still hear the neighbours out clearing out their driveways.    I guess they want to have it all done so they can get out tomorrow morning to get to work.

Oh, wait.  I can't forget.  I took a picture from our kitchen door, showing the accumulation on our side deck.



Tomorrow, the calm after the storm.  I have a couple of days off.  A nice four day weekend....Ahhh, can't beat that..

No comments:

Post a Comment