Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Remember these ones? They're still all the rage...in my household anyway.

My son is a YouTube nut......Yes, he is 4 years old....But he loves to scan YouTube for videos of things he likes....For instance....The Wiggles, The Muppets, Winnie the Pooh, etc, etc...and lately it has been this one....


Yes...it is the original...You know.."Casper the friendly ghost..The friendliest ghost we know!"  According to Wikipedia, it was first created as a Children's book called "The Friendly Ghost"  in 1939....and then it was made into an animated children's show in 1945.......That is way before I was even born.  But he loves to search for the episodes, and watches them, in their entirety on You Tube. 


And another one, he watches on a regular basis....I don't have a pic, but I think I can borrow one from the Internet.


One of my favourites...and the book(which came out in 1964 and was called "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory") was just delicious!   I think I drooled through the entire thing when I read it as  child.  The film was created in 1971.

Then there was the remake, by Tim Burton, in 1995.  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, starring Johnny Depp.


Not sure if I liked that one or not.  I have mixed opinions...

Anyway, back to what I was chatting about.  My son saw the original film, and the remake and loves both.  He also recently saw the Wizard of Oz and thoroughly enjoyed those as well.   He seems to like the films that are fantasy like.  It might explain why his preschool teachers say he has a very "active imagination."

My daughter on the otherhand, she surfs the web as well, but enjoys things like The  Muppets, Webkinz, and the Empire Theatres website(for the movie trailers), amongst other things.  She checks out You Tube as well, and often searches for this show.


You may, or may not recognize it, depending on if you have kids.  It's called Wow Wow Wubbzy, and it airs on the Disney Jr channel.  According to Wikipedia,  it is an American  animated television series created by Bob Boyle.  It premiered in the U.S in 2006...


Well, whatever the two of them are watching...they aren't anything they aren't supposed to....They seem to know what is good and bad on the Internet....They also use a site called "Kidzui".
It has been created just for kids, and I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment