Total Pageviews

Monday, February 20, 2012

The dollhouse...

You may have read one of my previous posts about my Smurfs.....I have another post about something that has been handed down to my children from my childhood....

My mom hung onto my dollhouse, the one I got for Christmas when I was about 13 years old...In 2010, we decided that my daughter was old enough to have it.....
That would make this dollhouse about 29 years old...


When you look at the decor, you can tell that the dollhouse is quite a few years old....And the clothes that that mom and dad are wearing!  Whoah!  Mom is in a skirt, your "Leave it to Beaver" type mom, and Dad is really stylish(back in the 80's maybe!)  The furniture as well.....a yellow fridge and stove...green toilet...and the couch and chair, a lovely choice...back then anyway...


It has been kept in very good shape, and so far my daughter has maintained it....I loved that dollhouse..I played with it for hours on end when I was a child...Times haven't changed , girls are still playing with dollhouses...Just maybe the decor and the look of some of the dollhouses is a bit different...and I don't know that you could find one of this quality anymore..The ones you get these days, I don't think keep as long.

If you look closely at that second picture, there is also an uninvited visitor.....

No comments:

Post a Comment