Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The calm after the storm.....Sunshine and lollipops(at least for those who don't have to dig themselves out!)

My sister has mentioned that all I do is talk about the weather on my blog....I can't help it....Everyone talks about the weather, and I can't blog about a storm pre and during, without having some post-storm pics....I have to admire some of my neighbours, like Richard who lives across the street.  He gets out there, every snowfall, and clears the driveway with just a shovel.  Many of the people around here have snow blowers for conditions like this, or they have hired someone who comes and plows out their driveway.    But not Richard..He does it all on his own...Applause!  He is probably in the best shape of us all..
That could be us next year though....Our snow blower is on it's last legs...I can hear my hubby out there now, trying to get it started this morning and it doesn't appear as though it is co-operating.   Oh well, if need be, I'll throw on the jacket, hat and mitts and I'll suit up the kids, hand them some children's shovels and we can all do it together.  That would be a sight! 

So here are those post-storm pics I've promised..









That last picture may look like there was more accumulation than there actually was, because there was a lot of drifting and blowing overnight during the storm.......And we can't forget the 32 cms of snow that we had on the ground already from last week's snowfall.  I don't have a total as of yet for the overnight snowfall.  Definitely more than 20cms though.

Codiac Transpo buses in the Greater Moncton region cancelled this morning because of bad road conditions.  It was probably difficult for the plows to keep up.  And it doesn't look like there is going to be a sudden melt anytime soon, because the temperatures are going to plunge tonight.  According to Environment Canada we're looking at lows of minus 21, with a windchill of minus 30.  Tomorrow, the high is only minus 12, with a windchill of minus 32.

It'll be a day indoors I imagine, unless we head out to play in the snow....It's a bit chilly already though.  Minus 11, with a windchill of minus 21...

Maybe some people are glad to be able to stay in today......I imagine some are still dealing with the death of Whitney Houston at the age of only 48.....So young.....I'll have to tune into the Grammy's tonight to see the tribute that Jennifer Hudson does....I'm sure they didn't expect they'd have to pull something like that together at the last minute..

Well, off to dig out....Enjoy the day..


No comments:

Post a Comment