Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring forward! Shorter day, but still lots accomplished...

My daughter is sleeping in a half purple coloured room tonight....The painting has officially begun...


It is certainly a work in progress....We still have to pick out the paint for the other two walls.  My daughter wants yellow, but it's a matter of choosing the right kind of yellow to make it look good.  I love the idea of painting....coming up with the colours, and the end  result....Doing the painting, on the otherhand, not my favourite part.  My husband often has to step in and help me out, because I tend to get started, and then I want someone to help me get the job finished....I think it'll look great....Better than the plain cream coloured walls she has had for the past six years....My son's room is next... He wants green, and a second colour...which has yet to be decided....

We are also having our front room, entryway and hallway painted, but I am having someone come it to do that...Otherwise, it would take me  months, and I just don't have the patience to get all of that done...Just waiting for the tax return to come in....

We also did a major cleaning of the basement......Do you know,  that there is a floor down there???????  A beautiful dark wood laminate floor?????   I was thrilled!   I thought that toys had been installed permanently, but here it turns out that there is a floor after all!  LOL  Of course I am just kidding........

Backtracking a bit,  when I started to take down the shelves on my daughters walls to paint.....I had to take down some of the beautiful bears she has...It's funny, when they're up on the shelf, you don't really notice them...But when you have to take them down, you suddenly remember....



She has had the majority of them for several years...

And remember these???  This one was also up on my daughter's shelf....



Cabbage patch dolls......I know they were out when I was a kid, and then made a bit of a comeback....I'm not sure if they still sell them or not.....The man who created these made a fortune...Xavier Roberts....His name is handwritten on the bum of each one.....They were all the rage when I was younger...They came out in 1978...I remember the first Christmas that they were available.....They were selling for hundreds of dollars, because you could not find one anywhere...The Department stores were sold out......They were like concert tickets...When they were released, people went into the stores and bought several just so they could sell them after jacking the prices up.....And people were willing to pay, because this is what the kids wanted Santa Claus to bring....Everyone had to have one....Believe it or not, I still have one of mine.....An original, and still in the box..


This is Kirsten Ashley Tina....My doll, from 1985.....Those were the days...That would make the doll, ummmmm, let me do the math here....27 years old....She's a little dustier than she used to be...but the being inside the box protects her from that...

Well, it's off to bed.  I have to Host the Talk Show tomorrow AM...Our regular host is off sick, so I am stepping in....It's been a few months, hopefully I remember how it's done....Wish me luck!

Oh, and I meant to ask......How did you enjoy "The Duck Song"  from my last post?  Are you still humming it in your head?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment