Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dr. Seuss is my hero!

It's March break in New Brunswick....Well technically it's almost over.  I promised the kids that we would go to the theatre to see a movie one afternoon.   We were supposed to go for the 3:30 show today, but we decided to hold off, so that Daddy could see it too.  So at 6:15 we headed to the movies, Costco passes in hand..(which are a great deal!  Two adult passes, with 2 popcorn and 2 drinks, $24.97 plus tax.....A child pass with a kids pack, which includes drink, popcorn and a chocolate treat, $9.97)  What a savings!  So we decided to see "The Lorax"   So, you add an additional $3 per person for the 3D feature....

The theatre was fairly full, and we were glad we got there when we did...

The three of them got ahead of me when we were headed into the theatre....My son is wearing his Toronto Maple Leafs jacket, but it's hard to tell, because the picture got a bit blurry because they were moving so quickly....



It was an impressive film, although I'm  not totally sold on the 3D thing...Is it really necessary that the majority of films are now in 3D?   Does it really add that much?  I think I would have been content to see Dr. Seuss without the 3D feature.

I highly recommend it..

I can see why Dr Seuss is still so popular...I grew up with him as a child, and my kids are growing up with him....They have both the books and now the films.....And I imagine his books will still be around for generations to come.....He was very talented.  He passed away of throat cancer in 1991 at the age of 87...

"The Lorax" has a great message, and it's one that kids should learn about....After all, is taking it all away really worth it in the end?

I dug up some well known Dr. Seuss quotes...The first two from "The Lorax"

"I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues."


"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing's going to get better: it's not."



And my favourite quotes.....

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." 


"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." 

It was a full moon tonight, and I tried to get a few pics when I left the theatre..But as I've learned before, it is very difficult to take pictures of the moon without just the right camera...




The two below are from last night, just before it got too dark...


No comments:

Post a Comment