Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Puzzle me this......

On the weekend, my daughter and I picked up a new puzzle.    First , I need to tell you that when my daughter was small, around 3 year old, she loved to do puzzles.....We used to buy her the smaller ones, around 15 to 24 pieces, and she would do them in a matter of minutes....But she would do them over and over again....She still loves to do them, but we've had to increase the number of pieces, of course.... She can now do the 100 piece puzzles by herself, but we decided to try something a little bit harder..


If you notice the number of pieces in the bottom left hand corner......550 pieces.....We knew we were in for a lot of work, and it wouldn't be done in one night...

I love to do puzzles as well, and my mom tells me, my daughter is a lot like I was as a kid...She says I loved to do puzzles too..

So, we got started on the weekend.....Now the way I do puzzles is, you need to separate all of the outside pieces from the inside pieces....Then you put the outside together first, and once that is done, you start the inside...The easiest way is to pick one area first, and work on that...So, on Sunday we got the outside done...We didn't get a chance to work on it yesterday, but today we did a little bit more..



This is what we have so far...As you can see, there is one pieces missing from the outside on the bottom and on the side....They must have gotten mixed in with the inside pieces, but we haven's been able to find them yet....We have all of the inside pieces in a bowl, and I have been taking them out bit by bit, matching one section at a time...I think we have a little work ahead of us...

I also wanted to mention tonight that while my friends and family in Ontario are basking in temperatures in the mid to upper teens, Old Man Winter has other plans for us here in Atlantic Canada....We thought we had turned a page....That winter was behind us....Uh Uh....Environment Canada spring this on us.....First, a freezing rain warning in effect...then snow and ice pellets tonight...About 5 cms.....Then snow and ice pellets tomorrow...about 5 cms...Then Wednesday night, snow, 5cms of it....

So, what I've done is taken a couple of before pics.....We had quite a bit of rain, and it washed away most of our snow....This is what it looked like as of tonight..

This is the back deck...No snow at all..



 This is the front garden...No snow there either..

So we'll see how it goes, and I'll post some after pics tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment