Total Pageviews

Monday, July 30, 2012

Canoe Cove, Prince Edward Island

We usually go to the South Shore when we visit Prince Edward Island.  This is Canoe Cove.....When the tide is low, you can walk way out....A stroll around the rocks means finding many starfish, and crabs...It`s a fun place for the kids and the parents too...I`ve said this before...Being by the water is very calming.....The sound of the waves lapping at your feet, as you walk through the waters...The sun beating down on you.......The sand squishing between your toes, your feet sinking with every step......It takes me back just thinking about it.....


The ripples left in the sand after the tide goes out...





























 Footprints in the sand...






These last two pictures bring to mind one of the questions I always have when I go to this beach....How many crabs die every time the tide goes out?  The number of dead crabs and crabs shells is unbelievable!

Here are a few photos of the tide when the tide is on its way in...






The North Shore in Prince Edward Island is nice, for those who like to lay out on the sand.....But I prefer the South Shore..I'm not one to lay out under the hot sun..I prefer a nice stroll through the water instead...




No comments:

Post a Comment